Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

"Do we all have our heads in the sand?" Smart Phone possible risks. | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
"Do we all have our heads in the sand?" Smart Phone possible risks.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
May 3, 2015
12:47 am
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It’s been talked about for many years now but studies are ongoing in regards to the actual safety of smart phone technology. Some analysts are concerned that we’ve been sucked into a device that could potentially have carcinogenic effects leading to onset of certain types of cancer. How do you feel about it, and how has it affected your smart phone use? I personally tend to use a corded headset and I don’t usually hold my phone near by head. I think the problem is similar to the drug industry, smart phone tech is ‘big business’ if there’s anything that can endanger that, you’re obviously going to have companies that want to keep things hush hush.

Regardless, smart phone use has skyrocketed in the past decade and is on an ever increasing trend, ‘if’ they have cancer associated risks, we’ll likely start to see increased rates of cancer within our populations in the near future. I can understand why in the article that it states that liability in regards to smart phones and insurance doesn’t exist as they’re concerned too.

May 24, 2015
3:44 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Smartphones are a necessary evil, I don`t think there is one person in this world who didn`t ask himself/herself about the toxicity of smartphones, but you need it for your daily tasks, so end up by accepting it

Your idea with the headset seem to reduce the impact of smartphone, but sometimes it might be uncomfortable to be used

December 22, 2016
12:30 am
ladybug8
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 5

I actually talk on my phone very little; much of my use comes in the form of email, web browsing, texting, messaging through social media – my phone is more often in my hand than next to my face. Will we all get cancer in our dominant hands / arms? Somehow, I don’t think so… I hope not!

As a precaution, though, I try to not sleep close to my phone (even though it is my only alarm) – I definitely remove it from the bed, and I try to make sure I schedule times without my phone at hand. I usually miss an awaited call or text during that time, but it’s a good habit.

December 26, 2016
2:25 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

When I hear this type of news, I recall the mad cow phobia in Europe, probably in the entire world. Everybody avoided this meat, because it was considered to be infested, although local experts had already analyzed it. This is the case of smartphones, what if these alarming studies are manufactured like this, so that some people can get profit and the others lose?

For the moment, no power in the universe could make me throw my smartphone to the garbage, since I needed  in multiple tasks that I  have to fulfill

December 27, 2016
9:03 pm
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Costin said
When I hear this type of news, I recall the mad cow phobia in Europe, probably in the entire world. Everybody avoided this meat, because it was considered to be infested, although local experts had already analyzed it. This is the case of smartphones, what if these alarming studies are manufactured like this, so that some people can get profit and the others lose?

For the moment, no power in the universe could make me throw my smartphone to the garbage, since I needed  in multiple tasks that I  have to fulfill  

I’m not too concerned about smart phones giving me cancer or any physical ill. 

What concerns me are people who text while they’re driving, or while they’re having dinner with their family and so on!  That’s the real danger of smart phones, that people are so addicted to using them that they can’t go even a minute without looking to make sure someone hasn’t sent them a message.

December 28, 2016
1:32 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

thethunderchild said

I’m not too concerned about smart phones giving me cancer or any physical ill. 

What concerns me are people who text while they’re driving, or while they’re having dinner with their family and so on!  That’s the real danger of smart phones, that people are so addicted to using them that they can’t go even a minute without looking to make sure someone hasn’t sent them a message. 

This is one major risk of modern technology, unless you control it and not let yourself being controlled: you become rootless

I am one of the persons intensively using a smartphone and a tablet, since I need them for my work, but when I get home, only for emergencies I use them

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
16 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today yoki61
Upcoming sirajdte

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019