Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Trade group suing a city in the United States over radiation warning. | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Trade group suing a city in the United States over radiation warning.
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
June 9, 2015
9:11 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Did you know that smart phones output radiation? Well, just about all of the technology that we use emits some form of radiation, but smart phones have been a hot topic over the years as to whether or not they increase the risk for certain cancers. One city by the name of Berkeley in the United States is being sued by a trade group because the city’s council wanted to enforce a radiation warning label on smart phones sold within it’s city limits. Honestly, I’m not sure that I have a problem with a radiation warning label on smart phones, but if you go that far, you may as well put it on many other types of technology. 

The following users say thank you to Cellnut for this useful post:

Costin
June 15, 2015
4:50 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

This is what I call civic spirit, although the aim of the protest is a little bit exaggerated

We are all radiated, in a certain way, but we don`t sue public authorities, probably because we don`t believe anything would change

It will be a major fact to see that regulations were improved based on this case

January 12, 2017
11:48 am
thethunderchild
Cheyenne, WY
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 148

Costin said
This is what I call civic spirit, although the aim of the protest is a little bit exaggerated

We are all radiated, in a certain way, but we don`t sue public authorities, probably because we don`t believe anything would change

It will be a major fact to see that regulations were improved based on this case  

I looked this up today to see if it has actually gone into effect. Berkeley is a city in California and California is extremely “liberal.” The local government makes laws telling restaurants how much salt they can put in their food, and things of that nature, so it’s no surprise that it’s a Californian city that’s at the forefront of trying to get warnings on cell phones.

At the START of 2016, a judge had ruled they had the right to make cellphone manufacturers use the label.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-po…..dge-rules/

January 16, 2017
6:55 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

I wish to see this type of making laws in Europe LaughHere, autonomy is something that falls down, when a decision is taken by a superior authority

Anyhow, there are inevitable radiations, I think the measure is quite exaggerated, but it`s a start. In my area, people have telecom antennas on their buildings, because they get some money from the provider, it should be done something to avoid this

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019