Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Sony Xperia Z2 | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Sony Xperia Z2
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
April 25, 2014
3:32 am
RedBubble
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 80
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I read a lot of good reviews about this phone, except for the video taking option. There are issues with overheating with the 4K video recording, I think they should just remove the option until they fix it because Samsung isn’t having this problem so Sony’s explanation is just an excuse.

The maximum minutes I think for the unit it’s 8 minutes otherwise the unit becomes extremely hot.

April 25, 2014
2:27 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

During the videos saw in reviews (the phone hasn`t arrived to my country, so I can effectively tested), I noticed the same bad thing, plus the hesitant autofocus. I mean, if you aren`t used to Xperia line, you can easily spoil your videos

But I would go over it, since the gadget promises a glorious screen, robust metallic design and an improved battery lifetimeLaugh

April 25, 2014
4:42 pm
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49

I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about the Sony Xperia Z2. I don’t think these little minor issues should both anyone too much as the overall phone is almost perfect (according to reviews).

April 26, 2014
7:24 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Brad said
I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about the Sony Xperia Z2. I don’t think these little minor issues should both anyone too much as the overall phone is almost perfect (according to reviews).

From my humble point of view, Xperia line was always close to perfection:) It`s true that no gadget can ever satisfy all customers in the world, but Sony tried to offer more to an affordable price

I had the Xperia Z1 in my hands and was amazing, feverishly waiting to test Z2 

April 28, 2014
12:11 pm
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

RedBubble said

I read a lot of good reviews about this phone, except for the video taking option. There are issues with overheating with the 4K video recording, I think they should just remove the option until they fix it because Samsung isn’t having this problem so Sony’s explanation is just an excuse.

The maximum minutes I think for the unit it’s 8 minutes otherwise the unit becomes extremely hot.

small issues, these can all be fixed with and for the most part have been with software updates, plus at this point in time a 4k tv is too expensive, a 4k laptop does not exist yet and likely will be too expensive, youtube barely supports it .. when was 1080p not enough for anyone..

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

May 15, 2014
1:05 am
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

I’m using Xperia Z. Except the front camera, everything is perfect.

June 8, 2014
12:03 am
GeronimoJoe
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 66

Anyone use the Z series video to live cast onto Facebook? If so, how well does this feature work?

July 16, 2014
1:56 pm
MagStar
Pittsburgh
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 53

Brad said

What one person considers a minor issue can be a deal-breaker for someone else. :)  Overheating is one that  would annoy the heck out of me. I like to take a good amount of video at a time and then edit it down. If I’d have to keep taking pieces in between ‘cool downs’ I’d get pretty irate… the same as I do when my laptop overheats while WATCHING video. Ugh.

Any tech manufacturer should be able to know what people primarily use their equipment for and should make darn sure the equipment can handle whatever task that is put to it. IMHO.

September 8, 2014
8:49 am
jangwl
Silver
Members

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 121

If Xperia Z2 gets too hot, it will automatically switch off itself. This is to protect the phone and is available on most of the android phones.

Best Regards

Richard

http://www.richardjang.com

March 31, 2015
12:41 am
Vincom
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 50
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

If it’s too hot you can put it in the cold water to chilled it. It’s waterproof right ?

April 11, 2015
5:29 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
11sp_Permalink sp_Print

jangwl said
If Xperia Z2 gets too hot, it will automatically switch off itself. This is to protect the phone and is available on most of the android phones.

You will have to select Yes, when you are asked if you want to close it due to the temperature issue, otherwise if you select No, it will enter an annoying standby

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019