Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

who will lead the smartphone market | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
who will lead the smartphone market
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
November 13, 2013
9:40 pm
tusharxplorer
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

It was 6 years ago when people use to think except nokia i am not going to buy any other phone,thogh there were plenty of choices like sony ericsson,motorola. Present thought is pretty much different from past.Thanks to google for releasing android.It is no doubt that andorid phones are leading the smartphones market.NOkia tried hard to regain there kingdom,but they failed.Nokia is now a asset of windows.lets see whwt windows will do with nokia.I think windows will lead what do you say??

January 16, 2014
1:46 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

nokia lost it’s glamour when iphone invaded the smartphone business.  surprisingly samsung was able to catch up and in head-to-head competition with iphnoe already.  blackberry on the otherhand is still struggling to put it’s mark in the competition.  so for me:

number 1 – iphone or samsung

last in the row – blackberry

February 14, 2014
8:32 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

Samsung will end up dominating the smart phone market if they continue to produce phones like they are doing now. They are also combining other technology with them like with the new watch you can get for the new model, which is awesome to see.

I do think Iphone will remain in second place because of their name, everyone wants to buy Apple products now just for being Apple, they have an awesome reputation, although they need to do more to keep up with their competition.

I would like to see Blackberry come back into it, it was my first smartphone and it never let me down it was a great phone, but it’s a shame to see them go from being among the best, to struggling to stay in the market at all.

I do think Samsung will become the best for a long time though.

February 15, 2014
2:57 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Nokia only actually had a very good market share in europe and select areas of Asia, while within the US they were virtually unknown much like how motorola only came into europe late on in the dumb phone wars with things like the original Razor.

Their is a huge thought that Samsung will dominate but given the direction Samsung is heading and the deals they have made it would appear that Samsung will eventually look to shift away from making android based phones and push all their efforts behind Tizen – if that happens and when it happens is open for debate but Google is unlikely to stand in their way .. it’s not Google’s way to insist usage of X, Y or Z both operating systems are open source so it may be dual boot systems in the future.. all of which is speculation.

Apple will always be well placed unless they do something very stupid (think: iPad 3(overheating)/iPhone 4(aerial) issues) and fail to resolve it quickly but they likely dont even consider the others a threat to themselves, they make ‘art’ and put it out their (according to their mantra, not my own) Nokia under microsoft will continue to about break even but it’s saddening to see that nobody has given HTC a hope in hell.

HTC make these awesome phones, granted they have faults like for example the HTC One has a terrible camera and a woeful battery life but! and it’s a big but it was one of the first to produce a phone with optical image stabilisation, one of the first of last years flagships to include an IR blaster, 1080p display, front facing speakers and a very nice aluminium body yet they barely made profit (10 million) I would really like them to step up their game with the M8 the One was a fantastic phone with few faults but those faults put people off for whatever reason but the M8 is HTC’s make or break chance really – not their last of course but they have to do something worth doing.

Motorola will continue to bleed out, although likely at a lesser rate under Lenovo whom have done a great job with their Asian market, if they can translate it into the US they will recover but it wont be overnight and while the Motorola X is a great phone as is the Moto G it’s unlikely the saviour they need – no signs of entry in tablets either.

Sony is on the up, but there danger is getting caught in a design loop, they need to change it up a touch and maybe even consider going away from the very premium design and make something for the lesser markets of the world (lesser meaning emerging markets of course)

I see it as Apple, Sony, HTC, Samsung, LG pushing for spots with Nokia, Motorola living off the scraps but then you have to wonder what would happen if Oppo had a marketing budget in the billions like Samsung the N1 and Find 5 we’re both fantastic tho the N1 is a bit of a weird design in all honest, then you have ZTE pushing for entry into the US market also.. it’s really an open field at the moment and remember this is the first year ever that smart phones outsold dumb phones.. so it’s only really the start of things and now that the spec race is heating up you got to think about companies i rarely touched upon i.e LG can they keep up with the heat they have at the moment following the Flex and the G2 and will players like Sharp make a push into the market again ? they along with LG make a good deal of Apples screens.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 18, 2014
12:57 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

From my perspective, alternatively using at least one smartphone designed by the mentioned brands, the story goes like this

1. Samsung

2. HTC

3. Sony

4. LG

4. BlackBerry

February 23, 2014
1:24 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Blackberry ? no way they will pull entirely out of the consumer sector very gradually and release low end devices to the consumer end as ‘run off’s’

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 26, 2014
3:38 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

Costin said
From my perspective, alternatively using at least one smartphone designed by the mentioned brands, the story goes like this

1. Samsung

2. HTC

3. Sony

4. LG

5. BlackBerry

Number 5 for blackberry i think is reasonable.  Maybe far long gap with the top 4 brand but still they are included. though they have a tiny market share, they still exist.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
3 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019