Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Nokia Name being dropped | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Nokia Name being dropped
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
October 28, 2014
8:39 am
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I don’t know if this is exactly in the right place but feel free to move it if its not admin 🙂 

I read the other day that it’s been announced that the Nokia name is being phased out, it doesn’t surprise me but it really is the end of an era isn’t it?

Nokia have a reputation that our generation will never forget, for making quality handsets, some of which were pretty much indestructable. Except no phones are that strong any more, because its all about the thinner, biggest screen etc, so if you want to protect your phone you have to rely on a good case. 

So I pose the question, what was your favourite Nokia? Mine had to me my 3210, I loved my Nokia 3210 and in its standard case it really did look the part and feel the part.

October 28, 2014
4:44 pm
rgd2014
UK
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 78

Yeah, Microsoft will be dropping the name Nokia on their future mobiles. It’s quite sad since they’ve been one of the most used brand of mobiles in the past. My past phones are all Nokia and I still use my Nokia N8 (although my main phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4).

October 28, 2014
5:43 pm
Cellnut
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 192

I actually prefer the brand name Nokia over others. It’s a very nice sounding name. It’s a shame that’s being dropped but, it’s not uncommon for that to happen. They want to promote their Microsoft brand and that’s understandable.

October 29, 2014
6:23 pm
Ste Crook
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 54

I don’t know where Microsoft get the idea from that they have such a strong brand, Microsoft isn’t known for mobile devices as such, when you say Microsoft people think of Windows, not strong robust popular mobile phones. 

I am not convinced its going to help them sell the Windows phones

October 30, 2014
9:27 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

As far as I remember, few months ago, Nokia released a Lumia series enhanced with Android. I was skeptical about this combination, but the gadget moved smoothly, while I test it, so from my point of view a closer approach to an Android-based manufacturer, such as Samsung or HTC would be more profitable for Nokia

On the other hand, Nokia owes so much to Microsoft, that it`s quite impossible to get on a different path

November 18, 2014
7:49 pm
Talla
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 166

Nokia name will still exist with the company providing telecoms networks and hardware, but no longer making moblies.

The following users say thank you to Talla for this useful post:

Costin
November 19, 2014
1:00 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Nokia name will still exist with the company providing telecoms networks and hardware, but no longer making moblies.

This is how a giant slowly diesCry

The strategy was obvious from the first moments, while Nokia started to lose ground and entered the partnership with Microsoft

Too bad Nokia couldn`t fight for Lumia brand, despite all malfunctions, this series was representative for Nokia`s entrance in smartphones universe

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019