Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

More Apps For Windows? | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
More Apps For Windows?
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
February 2, 2014
7:17 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Recently as I’ve been digging around for some new apps for the programs and sites I use, I’ve noticed a lack of developers and companies which are developing Windows Apps. One of my main issues is with Sony. They provide a really god app for playstation gamers to be able to log onto their PSN account using their smartphone and connect with friends and so on, which provides really good features when you’re on the move, however they only provide the app for Android and iOs systems. Will they be developing more apps in the future?

At the moment, that’s the only thing that’s letting Windows Phones down, I mean if they get more apps I would actually prefer them to any other smartphone. They have come along way so far, but I think they definitely have more to do in the future.

Anyone else found any major apps that need developing, or which are currently in the development stages? I hope people invest more time in their creation, as more people are buying Windows phones without acknowledging the current app market.

February 3, 2014
5:17 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Lunar said
Recently as I’ve been digging around for some new apps for the programs and sites I use, I’ve noticed a lack of developers and companies which are developing Windows Apps. One of my main issues is with Sony. They provide a really god app for playstation gamers to be able to log onto their PSN account using their smartphone and connect with friends and so on, which provides really good features when you’re on the move, however they only provide the app for Android and iOs systems. Will they be developing more apps in the future?

At the moment, that’s the only thing that’s letting Windows Phones down, I mean if they get more apps I would actually prefer them to any other smartphone. They have come along way so far, but I think they definitely have more to do in the future.

Anyone else found any major apps that need developing, or which are currently in the development stages? I hope people invest more time in their creation, as more people are buying Windows phones without acknowledging the current app market.

I`m a loyal customer of Sony, all my respect for what the company tries to do

When it comes for Windows Phone, honestly it`s a big disappointment. I heard Nokia launched a sort a contest for developpers, so that Windows Phone can be enriched, let`s hope this initiative will revamp itWink

February 14, 2014
12:26 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398

Their was a big contest to write alternative applications to existing android and ios ones, also they paid a lot of the big developers to write applications for their platform, Microsoft is currently rumoured to be looking into building a wrapper application thay will allow microsoft phones to run android applications – if this does happen it wont likely be out till aorund windows phone 9 or 10 based on their current speed of development.

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

February 14, 2014
8:26 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

If they do allow Windows users to be able to run Android Apps, that would be amazing, although I’m sure by the time the Windows phone comes out which can run it, something better will be out and it will be a complete disappointment, yet again.

All props to Windows for trying though, they are trying to compete in a tough market with ios and Andriod dominating I think it’s good with what they are trying to do.

A lot of people are buying into Windows phones now though, so I’m surprised bigger companies are not developing Apps for it as much, because the money is there to be made, so I don’t see the problem in not creating any.

Only time will tell I guess.

February 15, 2014
3:06 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

I understand the want to give them credit for giving it a go but …blackberry already can run most android apps, not flawless but for around 1-2 years now the blackberry wrapper has been out and it’s not really kicked them to the next level – why would it work for microsoft is what I would be asking. The new CEO over at microsoft is very much a cloud guy so Windows phone users are liable to see a world of cloud options put before them.. expect skydrive to become a bigger part of the phone than it ever was.

Microsofts biggest issue at the moment is timescale, at the time they start the ideas they have are without a doubt fantastic but by they time they get from the drawing board to the consumer its tired and old. Metro is always going to draw mixed reactions from people more so on the desktops but on mobile devices it should have been out their already perhaps before windows went and adopted it but the design when windows 8 laucnhed was clearly mobile inspired but now even on phones it’s looking tired.

Android, iOS, BBOS have all taken the ‘looking tired’ concept to heart and have recently all pushed out new major released to make things fresh again for the users – not all go down very well but for the most part they get people talking about it and thats the best marketing you can get.

You also have to consider the devices Nokia are putting out .. 720p.. nice, but old, snapdragon 400 processors which is low end in the android world, 1gb of ram.. kinda lame.. but the point im getting at is thats a good thing, Windows Phone runs VERY well on Nokia phones, you rarely see lag, the operating system is clearly highly optimized and well written to the point low end device tech can run it just fine.. but running it great on low end tech and running it amazing on high end tech are two diff things.

Also the camera, whats with the that – Windows Phones (from nokia that is) have very very good cameras – my thinking is that Microsoft needs to either 1, keep paying billions to app developers to gather interest or 2, just open up the SDKs and APIs and put the distro out their, open source segments of it as it’s not a bad OS just not a great one.

February 18, 2014
12:54 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Lunar said
If they do allow Windows users to be able to run Android Apps, that would be amazing, although I’m sure by the time the Windows phone comes out which can run it, something better will be out and it will be a complete disappointment, yet again.

All props to Windows for trying though, they are trying to compete in a tough market with ios and Andriod dominating I think it’s good with what they are trying to do.

A lot of people are buying into Windows phones now though, so I’m surprised bigger companies are not developing Apps for it as much, because the money is there to be made, so I don’t see the problem in not creating any.

Only time will tell I guess.

If Windows allows customers to use a rival platform, than what`s the need to have Windows installed on your smartphone? It`s related to its pride, I don`t think it will ever grant it

February 23, 2014
1:16 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member

keep your eye on MWC event this weekend, Nokia owned by Microsoft will be releasing the Nokia X an android phone. Microsoft may use their brains and put more focus into attaining the users on their hardware then locking them down into the platform.

Windows Phone still needs time to mature and getting hardware following is the first step to that.

February 26, 2014
3:40 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

most of the social media apps like facebook, twitter, etc can be downloaded using a windows smartphone.  same us some business related apps like social force and linkedin.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters:

Costin: 1019