Share & grow the world's knowledge!

Contribute to Cleartalking and share your expertise
Check out the services we offer for both users and businesses.

Promote technology products and services in many different ways with the growing community!
Submit a ticket to get help with using our services.

Vodafone is it worth all it costs | Telecom Consumer Discussion Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Vodafone is it worth all it costs
Vodafone vs all others
Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 Topic Rating: 3 (8 votes) 
January 23, 2014
4:33 am
Viraaj Karan
Members
Forum Posts: 2
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I’ve been using Vodafone since 2005 and it has never disappointed me with its customer care services,network coverage,call and internet quality.However,in recent times I’ve heard many saying its expensive and not worth all it costs.Are others good? I haven’t tried any other since i never had any complaints for Vodafone.But if others are cheaper with same amount of features and service quality why not take them !!

And yeah I have lived with it in NCR(Delhi region) ,Jharkhand circle and Mumbai circle all of them are Indian citties.

The following users say thank you to Viraaj Karan for this useful post:

sukeshsreekumar
January 26, 2014
6:40 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 1019

Viraaj Karan said
I’ve been using Vodafone since 2005 and it has never disappointed me with its customer care services,network coverage,call and internet quality.However,in recent times I’ve heard many saying its expensive and not worth all it costs.Are others good? I haven’t tried any other since i never had any complaints for Vodafone.But if others are cheaper with same amount of features and service quality why not take them !!

And yeah I have lived with it in NCR(Delhi region) ,Jharkhand circle and Mumbai circle all of them are Indian citties.

It depends on what you are looking for. In my country, I`m using both Vodafone and Orange, sometimes Vodafone tempts me with incredible discounts on its loyalty programs, sometimes Orange comes up with attractive contracts (4G internet, unlimited SMS and voice features). You could try other providers and see what they are offering, comparing with Vodafone

January 28, 2014
4:48 pm
Lunar
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 20

In all fairness, I’ve not used that many other network providers, so maybe my comment is a little biased. However, from the 3 or 4 networks I’ve used in the past, I can safely say Vodafone has been the best. I used to be with Vodafone on a pay-as-you-go tarrif, however having switched to a few different ones, I recently went back to Vodafone to take out a contract phone. Their prices have never really been that expensive for me, I have the Lumia 1020 smartphone now, which I got from them, and their prices were the same as all the other tarrifs I could have taken the phone on. So I can’t really complain there.

Not to mention, their customer service was absolutely fantastic, they were really kind and willing to help me selecting a phone, and they genuinely seemed interested in helping me choose the right phone for me, not just based on cost.

The coverage of the network has been great and the internet speed and access is great. I have found it hard to use sometimes in a supermarket for example, but all phones are the same. 99% of the time the networks works, so although there’s still a lot of time left on my contract for something to go wrong, it seems to be going well!

I can definitely recommend them!

February 2, 2014
4:40 am
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Lunar said
In all fairness, I’ve not used that many other network providers, so maybe my comment is a little biased. However, from the 3 or 4 networks I’ve used in the past, I can safely say Vodafone has been the best. I used to be with Vodafone on a pay-as-you-go tarrif, however having switched to a few different ones, I recently went back to Vodafone to take out a contract phone. Their prices have never really been that expensive for me, I have the Lumia 1020 smartphone now, which I got from them, and their prices were the same as all the other tarrifs I could have taken the phone on. So I can’t really complain there.

Not to mention, their customer service was absolutely fantastic, they were really kind and willing to help me selecting a phone, and they genuinely seemed interested in helping me choose the right phone for me, not just based on cost.

The coverage of the network has been great and the internet speed and access is great. I have found it hard to use sometimes in a supermarket for example, but all phones are the same. 99% of the time the networks works, so although there’s still a lot of time left on my contract for something to go wrong, it seems to be going well!

I can definitely recommend them!

Indeed, Vodafone promotes cheap smartphones or tablets and their tarifs are bearable. You should pay a little attention to their internet coverage. When I signed for a country in my country, I had the promise that I could access internet even on mountains. Guess what? I was in a similar area and wanted to verify my email and there was no connection

February 10, 2014
1:11 am
sukeshsreekumar
Members

Viraaj Karan said

Yes pal i agree with you

February 16, 2014
12:10 pm
Jackson
Silver
Members
Forum Posts: 277

I got a Nokia Lumnia with Vodafone in May 2010. They gave me a test drive on data which was why I got the phone, but despite repeated calls to Vodafone, it never worked. Didn’t stop them upping my usage to 1gb though, and they charged me for it!

I went abroad in December thinking I’d have my phone, but two bills of over £150 despite phone not working at all in second week of trip definitely put me off Vodafone forever.

Can’t wait for my contract to end so I can go elsewhere! I can’t believe anyone else could be worse. Where’s the no stars please!

February 18, 2014
12:26 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge

Jackson said
I got a Nokia Lumnia with Vodafone in May 2010. They gave me a test drive on data which was why I got the phone, but despite repeated calls to Vodafone, it never worked. Didn’t stop them upping my usage to 1gb though, and they charged me for it!
I went abroad in December thinking I’d have my phone, but two bills of over £150 despite phone not working at all in second week of trip definitely put me off Vodafone forever.
Can’t wait for my contract to end so I can go elsewhere! I can’t believe anyone else could be worse. Where’s the no stars please!

That`s a lesson that Vodafone has to learn, customers aren`t puppets, they figure out some things from time to time. I had a similar issue regarding a stick for mobile internet traffic. It was clearly stated in my contract, that I could use it during 15 days to see its performance and if I`m not satisfied, I should return it and end the contract. 

Guess what? It had no signal on mountains and I wanted to return it, but a custom agent also scream at me that`s impossible. I solved the problem by writing a petition to Customers Protection Burreau

March 27, 2014
9:38 pm
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421

wow. reading your post confirms my belief that having an efficient customer service support is one of the critical aspect to be considered great provider.  hoping there will be bigtime improvements on this aspect with most of the leading providers in asia (philippines in particular)

April 23, 2014
9:56 am
Jimmy
Members
Forum Posts: 9

I am in India and my family members use Vodafone as the service provider. Till now they haven’t faced any major problem. In fact, I have found Vodafone’s customer service to be better than some of the other big cellular companies here.

April 24, 2014
2:48 pm
Costin
Platinum
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
10sp_Permalink sp_Print

23and14and20 said
wow. reading your post confirms my belief that having an efficient customer service support is one of the critical aspect to be considered great provider.  hoping there will be bigtime improvements on this aspect with most of the leading providers in asia (philippines in particular)

not a critical detail, but quite essentialLaugh 

if you are satisfied with everything you receive, but you face a problem and you are treated like nobody (when you pay in a certain way those people at call center), you will slowly start to change your point of view. if it happens once, you will search the services of another provider

April 25, 2014
12:20 pm
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 30

I actually DO think Vodafone is worth the money. I recently got a new phone, and did quite some research on Dutch cell phone service providers. In my honest opinion Vodafone is a very good provider.  

The main reason I chose Vodafone was because I already was a customer. Loyal customers get discounts from time to time. My Galasy S4 costs €28/month instead of €35/month now, that’s quite a big difference!

I also think Vodafone is worth the money because they also have service when you’re abroad. In every country I visited (and that are quite a lot) I have had good service. It’s always nice to know that, when you need it, you can make a phone call!

The only negative thing that I have experienced most likely has something to do with a miscommunication. The month after switching phones (and also contracts), I had to pay my bill of march a second time. I also had to pay €15 for a name change on the contract. They did not tell me about these extra costs, and all together it adds up to about €40 extra. A poor student does not have all that money.

I’m going to call the customer service coming monday, hoping they can help me figure out what’s wrong. I hope this is the only negative thing I will ever experience when it comes to Vodafone, because it’s well worth the money. Laugh

April 25, 2014
5:16 pm
Brad
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 49
12sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was previously using Vodafone for quite a while until I had an issue with their support. They were not helpful at all and didn’t even answer my question thoroughly. Not only that, but my signal was constantly hitting 0 bars and I wasn’t happy. I then decided to move to EE and I’m happy.

April 28, 2014
8:55 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398
13sp_Permalink sp_Print

Extace said

I actually DO think Vodafone is worth the money. I recently got a new phone, and did quite some research on Dutch cell phone service providers. In my honest opinion Vodafone is a very good provider.  

The main reason I chose Vodafone was because I already was a customer. Loyal customers get discounts from time to time. My Galasy S4 costs €28/month instead of €35/month now, that’s quite a big difference!

I also think Vodafone is worth the money because they also have service when you’re abroad. In every country I visited (and that are quite a lot) I have had good service. It’s always nice to know that, when you need it, you can make a phone call!

The only negative thing that I have experienced most likely has something to do with a miscommunication. The month after switching phones (and also contracts), I had to pay my bill of march a second time. I also had to pay €15 for a name change on the contract. They did not tell me about these extra costs, and all together it adds up to about €40 extra. A poor student does not have all that money.

I’m going to call the customer service coming monday, hoping they can help me figure out what’s wrong. I hope this is the only negative thing I will ever experience when it comes to Vodafone, because it’s well worth the money. Laugh

likely an upgrade cost, but.. keep us informed!

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

April 29, 2014
1:22 pm
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
14sp_Permalink sp_Print

Krisstoffer said

Extace said

I called today. The extra bill of about €25 was a mistake, so I will get the money back. The additional costs for the name change is not their fault. The store that changed the contract did this. They did not tell me I would have to pay more, so I will call them soon and explain them the whole story. It is forbidden to make people pay for something they did not agree to so I don’t think getting the money back will be too hard.

After my phone call with the Vodafone customer service I got a text message asking if there was anything else I wanted to ask and if I liked the service. They did not have to do this, so this is a huge plus! I am very happy with the customer service!

April 30, 2014
1:56 am
Krisstoffer
Earth
Silver
Members

Premium Member
Forum Posts: 398
15sp_Permalink sp_Print

Extace said

Krisstoffer said

Extace said

I called today. The extra bill of about €25 was a mistake, so I will get the money back. The additional costs for the name change is not their fault. The store that changed the contract did this. They did not tell me I would have to pay more, so I will call them soon and explain them the whole story. It is forbidden to make people pay for something they did not agree to so I don’t think getting the money back will be too hard.

After my phone call with the Vodafone customer service I got a text message asking if there was anything else I wanted to ask and if I liked the service. They did not have to do this, so this is a huge plus! I am very happy with the customer service!

Happy that it all worked out, its always nice when they do go that extra mile and I really hope they keep you as happy now in the future.. keep us informed be cool to see how this pans out over the course of the subscription :)

http://www.joolo.net - better than this hole for mobile devices.

April 30, 2014
9:19 am
23and14and20
Silver
Members

Premium Member

ByPassPostChallenge
Forum Posts: 421
16sp_Permalink sp_Print

agree. now it all boils down to keeping the customer happy with the post service maintenance and general customer service. 

May 3, 2014
2:40 am
brad86
Members
17sp_Permalink sp_Print

I do not think so. Now I am in India and I feel that Airtel is very dominating network. Look out it’s services and especially it’s network coverage. O MG !! it’s amazing.  You can roam anywhere in India, but you won’t get any trouble regarding airtel  networks, but in-case of Vodafone, the same is not true.

May 4, 2014
4:10 pm
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
18sp_Permalink sp_Print

Krisstoffer said

Extace said

Krisstoffer said

Extace said

Happy that it all worked out, its always nice when they do go that extra mile and I really hope they keep you as happy now in the future.. keep us informed be cool to see how this pans out over the course of the subscription :)

I will!

I went back to the store (Belcompany is the name, Ladies and Gentlemen. Do not (EVER) buy something without asking for the extra costs). He acted a bit cool because of two young, polite ladies coming in and telling him this complaint. Maybe I should have gotten more mad or even cried, but he did nothing. He said he would “tell the group”, that we “were right” but he could not do anything about it. He offered me a discount for a next purchase, but I’ll pass on that.

I am aware that he may not be able to do anything, but at least act like you honestly feel bad. He didn’t, and that made me a bit mad. I will call the headquarters Tuesday and if they do not find a suitable solution, I will post bad reviews (worse than this) all over the internet as revenge, haha. 

I will find the law that says they are obliged to inform me of any extra costs and call them to have a nice talk. I hope they will fix this, because I could definitely use that little money right now.

I somehow feel like people do not take your complaints seriously when you are a polite, small female. I learned to handle with my anger in a professional way and it is not “me” to yell at someone who didn’t do it, but only represents the store. Maybe I need to find a way in between.

May 5, 2014
12:57 am
silvinyo
Bronze
Members
Forum Posts: 15
19sp_Permalink sp_Print

Brad said
I was previously using Vodafone for quite a while until I had an issue with their support. They were not helpful at all and didn’t even answer my question thoroughly. Not only that, but my signal was constantly hitting 0 bars and I wasn’t happy. I then decided to move to EE and I’m happy.

I am from Romania, and here Vodafone is quite a serious competitor on the mobile phone market, but most people do not use it! Although is has better coverage than Orange(the most used network) people don’t use Vodafone so much because on the one hand they don’t know to promote themselves and do not have the same offers like Orange has, whereas you have all sorts of packages for young people “Orange Young” or for students etc. where the deals are very interesting (for 6$) you get thousands of minutes inside the network and national/ international minutes, unlimited messages and enough internet to surf all day, where in the case of Vodafone you don’t have the same deals!

Also Vodafone’s menus and service are very complicated hard to reach. thus the low number of customers in comparison with Orange Romania!

May 18, 2014
7:01 am
Extace
the Netherlands
Bronze
Members
20sp_Permalink sp_Print

silvinyo said

Brad said

I am from Romania, and here Vodafone is quite a serious competitor on the mobile phone market, but most people do not use it! Although is has better coverage than Orange(the most used network) people don’t use Vodafone so much because on the one hand they don’t know to promote themselves and do not have the same offers like Orange has, whereas you have all sorts of packages for young people “Orange Young” or for students etc. where the deals are very interesting (for 6$) you get thousands of minutes inside the network and national/ international minutes, unlimited messages and enough internet to surf all day, where in the case of Vodafone you don’t have the same deals!

Also Vodafone’s menus and service are very complicated hard to reach. thus the low number of customers in comparison with Orange Romania!

We have had Orange for a while too, but it wasn’t very good. I had Orange when prepaid cellphones were still normal and we did not have internet etc. but they raised the costs of calling and texts without telling me. At a certain time I paid €0,45/text instead of the €0,09 they promised me! I quickly changed to Vodafone and never had that problem. Orange also never had service in different countries (talking about Germany, France, Belgium and England here), and Vodafone did (and still does!). I sure hope they improved!

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 1255

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today None
Upcoming None

Top Posters: